Spring is here! At least in Greece where the weather has warmed up!
Below we will go over basic spring vocabulary.
1. Η Άνοιξη (ee A-nee-ksee= the Spring), feminine in gender.
2. a. Η εποχή (ee e-po-CHEE= the season), feminine in gender.
b. οι εποχές (ee e-po-CHES= the seasons), plural
3. Ανθίζω (an-THEE-zo= blossom)
4. a. Το λουλούδι ( to lou-LOU-dhee=the flower), neuter in gender
b. τα λουλούδια (ta lou-LOU-dheea= the flowers), plural
5. το Πάσχα (to PA-s-ha= the Easter)
6. Καλό Πάσχα (ka-LO PA-s-HA= Happy Easter)
Easter is a big religious celebration in Greece. We follow the Eastern Orthodox Calendar for religious holidays.
Don't worry; we will come back to that with more detail!
Quick note: did you notice how we form the plural for different genders? What about adjective-noun agreement in gender?
Sign In to comment.
If you want to get involved, click below!