¡Bienvenidos a todos!

edited August 2011 in Spanish
¡Hola estudiantes!  ¡Bienvenidos a todos!

My name is Enrique and I'm one of the Living Language Spanish E-Tutors. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.  My passion for languages started at an early age. I was born in Puerto Rico to Cuban parents. As a child I always found it amusing to hear the differences between variations of the same language. After graduating from New York University, I moved to Madrid, Spain where I got my Master's Degree in Spanish language. I have been teaching for over 15 years. I have been a Living Language contributor for many years as well, having worked on several books and language courses. In other words, teaching languages is my passion and what I love doing!  I am very much looking forward to sharing my enthusiasm for my language. Pero por ahora...  ¡bienvenidos a todos!  (But for now... welcome everyone!)

Comments

• Hey Enrique. You are a very good teacher. Thanks for the e-tutoring session the other night. 
  • I wish we had a "like" button. We're glad you enjoyed the eTutoring! Please keep enrolling in sessions; you can repeat sessions or sign up for the next one. A great way to practice!
  • Hello, My name is Donna. I am new and am trying to get connected to etutoring. My computer apparently will not be able to email as it will not connect to aol. Do not understand why. What do I need to do to sign up..I thought I did it right, but nobody was there. Do I need to sign up with a new email and password. Please help me. thanks so much...I guess I need a new computer. I have a windows vista. thanks again
  • Hi, Donna. We can certainly help you. If you are able to send an email to us (you mentioned trouble connecting to AOL), please contact us at support@livinglanguage.com, so we can ask you for a few more pieces of information. If you can forward the confirmation email that you got for the eTutoring session, that would be very helpful. 

These are the system requirements for GoToMeeting, from their site. Vista should be fine. It could be your browser, or internet connection, or a plug in. Please let me know if you're not able to email us. Sorry you're having trouble, but we'll see what we can do. Thanks. 

To organize or attend an online meeting, webinar or training session, the following is required:

For PC-based participants:

• Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 5.0 (JavaScript and Java enabled) or the latest version of each web browser
    • Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
    • Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
    • Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)

For Mac-based participants:

• Safari 3.0, Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 5.0 (JavaScript and Java enabled) or the latest version of each web browser
    • Mac OS X 10.6 – Snow Leopard or newer
    • Intel processor (1GB of RAM or better recommended)
    • Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection

Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)

Participants using GoToMeeting with HDFaces will need at least 700 Kbps of Internet bandwidth and a dual-core 1.6GHz CPU with 2 GB of RAM.

• Sorry, the formatting was pasted in... Here's all of that again, pasted in as text:

To organize or attend an online meeting, webinar or training session, the following is required:
    For PC-based participants:
    Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 5.0 (JavaScript and Java enabled) or the latest version of each web browser
    Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
    Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
    Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)
    For Mac-based participants:
    Safari 3.0, Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 5.0 (JavaScript and Java enabled) or the latest version of each web browser
    Mac OS X 10.6 – Snow Leopard or newer
    Intel processor (1GB of RAM or better recommended)
    Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
    Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)
    Participants using GoToMeeting with HDFaces will need at least 700 Kbps of Internet bandwidth and a dual-core 1.6GHz CPU with 2 GB of RAM.
Register or Sign In to comment.