As of June 30, 2018, live e-Tutoring has been discontinued.
Please click here for more information.

Russian is INSANELY HARD!!

edited May 2014 in Russian
I am really good with languages but Russian is kicking my butt....:/

Comments

• Don't give up Dalton! And post your questions here! Natasha, our eTutor is excellent at tacking tough questions. 
    -Erin
  • Да, русский язык очень трудно. К сожалилию, это буду не легко.

However, think of all the grammar you are learning by studying this (I probably violated a few above).

• Далтон и Тим, 

Добро пожаловать в группу русского языка! 

Спасибо, Тим, за ответ! Slight corrections of your answer: Да, русский язык очень ТРУДНЫЙ. К сожалению, вам будет не легко. 

I also agree with Tim's statement that by studying all the grammar in addition to new words and phrases, you'll find learning Russian easier and easier. Of course, practice makes it perfect, hence please join our eTutoring sessions which I conduct at LL. 

Задавайте вопросы! Всегда рада ответить и помочь!

Пока, 
    Наташа
  • Большое спасибо за помощь, Наташа, всегда рада что Вы здесь ответить. Но я хочу говорить - к сожалению, мне будет(?) не легко.

Трудный - adjective, трудно - adverb, so трудный язык, but трудно говорить (and that is also true for me; please correct me if there are more grammar errors above). 

• Тим, с удовольствием!

Below is a few of my corrections:

Большое спасибо за помощь, Наташа, всегда РАД (masc. gender of 'glad'), что Вы здесь (or МНЕ - to me) ОТВЕЧАЕТЕ (answer/are answering, form./plur). Но я хочу СКАЗАТЬ (to say), ЧТО (that), к сожалению, мне будет (correct!) не легко.

Трудный - adjective, трудно - adverb, so трудный язык, but трудно говорить - all is correct here! ;)

Всегда готова ответить на Ваши вопросы! (Always ready (fem./sing) to answer to Your (form./plur.) questions!)

Пока,
    Наташа
  • looks kind of pretty... the words
  • Russian is indeed a beautiful language to write and to pronounce ;)

Natasha
  • Dalton I think that you have raised an interesting question.  Some would read your comment and think, oh well, if a person was a monolinguist in the way they grew up then of course there would be difficulties.  But as you have alluded to, Russian is not the first language you have studied and here is where the other part of the equation enters for us, what is your motivation and how might that effect the way that each of us studies a language?  Maybe for some of us it IS a matter of 'being there' and absorbing the language and the culture simultaneously that will help us to learn.  I know that I picked up more when being in Russia than from books I studied prior to travelling there.  On the other hand I know more about the culture from my wife and that too has an input when we study (any) language I would think.  Good thread, thanks,
    michael
  • Shared sentiment.  I'm having GREAT difficulty with perfective v/s imperfective aspects in verbs.  It's funny because the book points out that the concept is absent in Spanish, French, or German, which are the other 3 languages I know.
Register or Sign In to comment.