As of June 30, 2018, live e-Tutoring has been discontinued.
Please click here for more information.

Syncing lecons in textbook with online lecons

edited March 2016 in French
I'm unable to find lecons online that correspond to the textbook. To hear the textbook dialogues, I have to go to Google translate and type in the text. Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't always pronounce the liaisons. Why doesn't the online course offer audio recordings of the lecons in the textbook?

Comments

• Dear Joiedevive,
    I'm not sure I understand. Do you have our Complete Edition:
    If you do, the audio for all of the conversations is on the CDs that come with the books. You should definitely not need to rely on Google Translate! The online course also comes with audio to accompany all dialogues, flashcards and grammar examples. However, keep in mind the online course is a subscription based service which does not come with the Complete Edition.  The Language Lab, which does come included with the Complete Edition, also provides audio with flashcards.  Dialogues are not included in the Language Lab.
    Let us know if you're having trouble with your CDs.  You can reach us at etutor@livinglanguage.com. 
    Best,
    Erin

• I do not get sound on my online course. My computer and speakers are working properly but even when I click on the (sound) symbol in the lesson, no sound comes forth. Volume is up, etc.
  • Hi HeleneP,
    Can you write to ecustomerservice@penguinrandomhouse.com and let us know the following: 

What course are you using?  
    What browser are you using?
    Is this affecting all the audio in your course or just some? 
    Is the audio working otherwise on your computer?

You may want to try restarting your computer in case there is a problem with the sound generally.  If you continue to have problems, please send the above information to ecustomerservice and we'll help you figure out what is going on. 
    Thanks,
    Erin
Register or Sign In to comment.